Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pumpkin Raisin Walnut Bread

It was feeling kinda fall-ish today and I was craving PUMPKIN. So I put the bad robot down for a nap to recharge and set to work. I could tell you to separate the ingredients out - wet in one bowl and dry in another and then combine... but I would be lying if I told you I did that. I drop it all in one bowl, stir it up, spry a pan, and dump it in. I know... I'm seriously skilled in the culinary arts.


I've been making breads or loafs... err... loaves... um... you get it... for many years now and have come up with my own concoction that makes me happy every time. You can drop it in a bread pan or muffin tin and it's delish. Wrap the loaf in tin foil when you're done... it gets that fabulous melt in your mouth moist top.



PUMPKIN RAISIN WALNUT BREAD

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2  tsp nutmeg
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans

For a loaf - 350 for about an hour. Stick a toothpick in the middle... if it comes out clean, it's done. The muffins take considerably less time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment