Peanut butter, chocolate, and so very soft and chewy. It doesn't get any better than this people.
This is a Crisco recipe I cut out VERY long ago, and keep in my recipe pile... yes pile. I'm not very organized.
We have a bit of a tradition beginning at our house when it comes to baking. It can't happen without Chicken
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening (or butter/margarine)
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- (I add 1 cup of chocolate chips)
- Preheat 375F
- Cream peanut butter, shortening, sugar, egg, milk, vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture until well blended.
- Drop by rounded Tbsp onto ungreased baking sheet and press lightly with fork.
- Bake at 375F for 7-8 mins. (I really watch them. As soon as the tops look golden I pull them out... but we like them REALLY soft and chewy.)
|We're baking cookies and he wants to eat a tomato? Who's kid is this?|
I can barely stand to bake them... they already look so good I could eat them RAW!
|All I need is vanilla ice cream and I'm good to go... alright FINE I'll bake them!|
VOILA!!! Pour milk and serve!