|Last night, Buzz Lightyear and I baked Ginger Molasses Cookies. Holy crap they're good!|
• 2 1/4 cups flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
• 1 cup dark brown sugar
• 1 extra-large egg
• 1/4 cup regular unsulphured molasses
• Granulated sugar (for coating cookie dough before baking)
|Buzz Lightyear ---> SUPER BAKER|
|It wouldn't be baking without a taste test... Mmmm... brown sugar.|
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in center. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger into a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Lower to medium speed, beat in the egg and molasses, the increase speed to high and beat about 1 minute longer, until mixture no longer looks curdled.
4. Mix in the flour mixture on low speed. The batter will be rather stiff. Place some granulated sugar on a plate, and using an ice cream scoop or measuring cup form 1/4-cup portions of dough. Transfer dough to your hands and roll each portion into a rough ball, then roll each ball into the sugar. Place six sugared balls on each baking sheet, spacing them evenly, because they will spread during baking.
5. Dampen your fingers with water and press down lightly on each cookie to flatten it a little and dampen the top. Refrigerate one filled baking sheet while the other bakes.
6. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies have spread and are firm to the touch. Allow to cool and enjoy!
|Ready to go in the oven...|
|Oh Baby... where's the EGG NOG?!?|